This Pregnancy Registry is sponsored by Eli Lilly and Company (“Lilly”) and the site and data are managed by Syneos Health (“Syneos Health”). For purposes of the Privacy Notice, Eli Lilly is the Data Controller.
PI We Collect and How We Use It
Your PI, including:
- Basic personal details
- e.g. name; date of birth; gender; family member names; family, lifestyle & social circumstances; image/photograph/video; marital status; physical characteristics/descriptions
- Education & skills
- e.g. educational background; languages
- Government identifiers
- e.g. U.S. Social Security Number
- Health information, and any other data that could easily result in an inferred health status
- Personal contact information
- e.g. online identifiers (e.g. personal IP [Internet Protocol] address), email address, postal address, telephone number, unique personal identifier
- Protected characteristics
- e.g. nationality/citizenship; racial or ethnic origin; sex life information; sexual orientation
- administration of our business processes
- observational studies, including patient registries
- recruitment and inclusion/exclusion activities
- regulatory and legal requirements that include adverse events, product complaints, and patient registries
- responding to requests for information
- statistical analytics
- data analytics; and
- to meet legal or regulatory obligations, inclusive of company record retention, that are in the legitimate interest of Syneos Health.
will be processed by Syneos Health, and/or entities or persons that work on behalf of, or in partnership with, Syneos Health but are not Syneos Health employees (“Third Parties”), including Lilly, for the following business or commercial purposes:
The bases for these uses may include, as applicable:
- to comply with a legal obligation;
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to protect your vital interest;
- for our legitimate business interests, which will be assessed in connection with the specific use of PI.
Your PI may be combined with other information that you have previously provided or that you direct others to provide us; information that we obtain about you from your interactions with us; or information we obtain in the ordinary course of business. For example, we may obtain information about you from you or at your direction, such as when you provide it to us or request that someone else to do so; from systems, such as when you take actions online that our systems record; from others, such as from public sources or from widely-available sources; from our affiliates; from companies and organizations who help us with our business operations and marketing activities, such as data brokers and data analytics provides, advertisers, and social networks, parties involved in mergers, acquisitions and transfers of some or all of a business; from companies and organizations who help us manage our Associates who are not employed by us; and from our customers and business partners, where permitted by law.
You may choose not to share your PI, but we may not be able to provide you with certain information, products or services. We do not sell PI.
Through this website, Syneos Health may:
- Collect your Name and Personal Contact Information if you opt-in to receive communications (such as requests for information, responses to inquiries, newsletters, etc.). Syneos Health may also use this information to verify your relationship with Syneos Health and take other actions in order to respond to your request.
Web beacons: A web beacon (also known as an “action tag” or “clear GIF technology”) is a tiny graphic on a web page or in an email message designed to track pages viewed or messages opened, and allows the collection of web log information. Web log information is gathered by the computer that hosts our website (called a "web server") when you visit one of our websites. We may use web beacons to help determine which email messages sent by us were opened and whether a message was acted upon. Web beacons also help Syneos Health analyze the effectiveness of websites by measuring the number of visitors to a site or how many visitors clicked on key elements of a site.
- Opt-Out Provision: Google Analytics offers an opt-out provision for website visitors who do not want their data to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here.
This website is not intended for or designed for individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect PI from any person under the age of 18 unless a parent or guardian provides consent.California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California residents who have an established business relationship with Syneos Health the right to request information regarding Syneos Health’s disclosure of certain PI to Third Parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request for such information, you may contact us using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) entitles California residents to certain rights with regard to their PI. Those rights have been incorporated into this Privacy Notice.Links to Third-Party Websites
As a convenience to our visitors, this website may contain links to other sites owned and operated by Third Parties that we believe may offer useful information. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to those sites. We are not responsible for the collection or use of PI at any third-party sites. Therefore, we disclaim any liability for any Third Party's use of PI obtained through using the third-party website. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy, security, data collection and distribution policies.Changes to Our Privacy Practices
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do update it, for your convenience, we will make the updated statement available on this page. We will always handle your PI in accordance with the Privacy Notice in effect at the time it was collected unless we provide you with the new notice and/or obtain your consent, as appropriate.Reasons We Share PI
We may share your PI with Lilly, business partners, government officials, healthcare professionals, and vendors, suppliers, and contractors for purposes consistent with those identified in this notice. These Third Parties have agreed to protect the information and to process it as directed by us (if acting on our behalf) or as required by law.
We may also be required to disclose your information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to comply with national security or law enforcement requests.Where We Transfer and Process PI
This website is owned and operated by Syneos Health in the United States. By using this website, you agree to the processing of your PI in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of our business operations.
We may transmit your PI to other Syneos Health affiliates, Lilly and Third Parties worldwide, which may in turn transmit your PI to other Syneos Health affiliates, Lilly and/or Third Parties. Lilly and these affiliates and/or Third Parties may be located in countries that do not ensure the same level of data protection, but are required to treat PI in a manner consistent with this notice. To obtain additional information regarding the basis for transfers that Syneos Health has in place for cross-border transfers of PI (which may include consent, Standard Contractual Clauses, existing adequacy decisions, etc.), or Syneos Health’s commitment to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.syneoshealth.com/syneos-health-tm-privacy-statement-and-terms-use.
We may also provide your PI to a Third Party in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business to which the information relates, in which case we will require any such buyer to agree to treat PI in accordance with this notice.How Long We Keep PI
PI will be saved for the period of time needed to fulfill legitimate and lawful business purposes in accordance with Syneos Health’s records retention policies and applicable laws and regulations.How We Secure PI
We provide reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect PI we process and maintain. We limit access to PI to authorized employees and Third Parties who need access to perform the business activities described in this notice. Although we strive to protect the PI we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.Your Rights and Choices
Upon verification of your identity, and as applicable by law, you may have the right to:
- information from us on how your PI is being processed, and with whom it is being shared
- information about our process to verify your identity, which can be found here
- to see and get a copy of the PI that we have about you
- that we correct, restrict the processing of, and/or erase/delete your PI
- to have your information transmitted to another entity or person in a machine-readable format, in limited circumstances
- change or withdraw your consent at any time
There may be exceptions that apply to your request. To exercise your rights, you or your authorized representative may submit a request to email@example.com or 1-800-Lilly-Rx (1-800-545-5979)
You can find information regarding our responses to U.S. requests regarding personal information here.
You will not be discriminated against for exercising any of your rights.How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, you may contact Syneos Health at:
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
1030 Sync Street
Morrisville, NC 27560
If you have any questions about how Lilly uses your PI, you may contact Lilly at:
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your PI, you can contact the Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your PI out of accordance with the law, you can register a complaint with a relevant regulatory authority (e.g. a Data Protection Authority (DPA) or Attorney General).
Eli Lilly and Company ("Lilly") is committed to creating accessible websites that are easy to use and easy to get to for all people, regardless of ability or technology.
We set high standards for website accessibility and strive to follow all related laws and guidelines when creating our websites. Here are some of the ways we make our websites easy to use:
- Our goal is to meet or exceed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines*. These guidelines are recognized around the world as the standard measure of success and outline ways to make web content easily accessible for everyone, including people with disabilities.
- We make sure our websites work properly with smartphones, tablets, desktops, and screen readers – and support other assistive technologies, such as magnifiers, voice recognition software, and switch technology.
- We also work with accessibility experts and partner organizations to ensure we are doing everything we can to create better, more user-friendly online experiences for all.
For the best online experience, please use the most current version of your web browser or assistive technology. If you have trouble getting to or using our websites, please contact us at 1-800-LillyRx (1-800-545-5979).
*Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA
Last Updated: March 5, 2020
Other company and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
PP-LU-US-0437 03/2020 © Lilly USA, LLC 2020. All rights reserved